Here is a refreshing light dish that is made in minutes and if you prefer a vegetarian option just leave the sausage out.
- 1 small sized onion and 1 clove of garlic diced finely
- 1 sausage of your choice, cut into thin slices
- 6 black olives, cut into half
- Some butter and olive oil
- Mushrooms of your choice (best to have a variety of them)
- Goccia Umbra Pesto Alla Genovese spice mix, 1/2 tablespoon
- Zest and juice from 1/2 a lemon
- Salt & pepper
- Dried or fresh parsley
- 160gram of linguine (good for 2 portions)
- Firstly ,dice up the mushrooms and fry them off in a pan with some butter, salt and pepper. Once cooked nicely, set aside with any juices from the pan.
- Now toss the dried linguine into salted boiling water and it should take 8-10 minutes to cook till al-dente.
- In a pan, fry the onion and garlic for a minute then add the chopped sausage. Allow to cook for a further 2 minutes .
- Now add the Pesto spice mix, stir well for 1/2 a minute then add the lemon juice and zest.
- At this point, add the mushrooms and also the olives.
- Add a knob of butter and some olive to make the sauce nice and silky.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- By now the pasta should be ready ,so drain it and add to the pan and give it a good stir. If the sauce looks dry, just add some pasta water.
- Garnish with fresh or dried parsley and serve up.