This is a twist on the classic spaghetti bolognese, made with extra heat from Goccia Umbra Aglio Olio spice mix. Not the fastest dish to make, especially if your making your own meatballs, but a satisfying dish with a rich meaty sauce.
- 1 medium sized onion diced finely
- 3 cloves of garlic, roughly chopped
- 1 small tin of tomato puree
- 1 can of diced tomatoes
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon of Goccia Umbra Aglio Olio Peperoncino Spice Mix
- Meatballs of your choice (homemade ones always better)
- Parsley, fresh or dried
- Linguine, 300 grams
- Lightly fry the meatballs in a pan till 50 % cooked and set aside.
- Saute diced onions and garlic in olive oil on low heat for 2 minutes, then add the Aglio Olio Spice mix, let it cook for 30 seconds and add the tomato puree.
- Cook tomato puree for at least 5 minutes, add some water if needed so it won't burn.
- Once nicely cooked, add in the canned tomatoes and bring to boil.
- Season with salt and pepper, and add in the meatballs.
- Once sauce is nicely thickened and the meatballs are done, add in al dente Linguine with some pasta water, stir well and cook for a minute, then garnish with parsley and serve right away.